The Calgary Fencing Club offers beginner fencing classes for the age categories listed below:
Next Scheduled Group Beginner Start Dates:
Child Beginner (ages 9 – 13): Monday and Wednesday 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm, January 14 – February 25, 2018
Youth/Adult Beginner (ages 14 – 17, 18 and up): Tuesdays, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm, January 15 – February 19, 2018
All beginner classes are six weeks in length and the cost includes the use of all equipment, deluxe facility, and coaching. We welcome any interested fencers to drop in and watch a class. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the CFC by phone (403) 246-5801 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
$150.00 (for the course payable by cash/cheque or online)
Plus $30.00 (for an annual Canadian Fencing Federation membership)
Please visit the Registration Page for more details on registering for a beginner’s class.
What to Wear and Bring
- Indoor running shoes (clean, dry, non-marking & gravel-free to protect the hardwood floor).
- T-shirt and sweatpants (shorts, jeans, or tear-away pants are NOT permitted; nylon discouraged).
- Water bottle and towel are recommended.
- Cameras are welcome.
- Hair dyes or gels which rub off onto equipment are prohibited.
- NO parking in front of the building (our private door is located in the back adjacent to the Vecova Bottle Depot).
- Park in the back lane (north side of the building), west of bottle depot.
- Space is limited to the first 18 students with their forms and fees received.
- Some classes fill quickly; register early to avoid disappointment. A waiting list is available.
- Group beginner classes are subject to cancellation if the minimum required students (6) do not arrive for the first class. We regret any inconvenience and would reserve a spot for you in the next available class.
- The Youth and Adult Beginner classes may be combined/split pending registration numbers.