The Calgary Fencing Club offers beginner fencing classes for the age categories listed below:
Next Scheduled Group Beginner Start Dates:
Child Beginners (Ages 9-12)
Mondays and Wednesdays 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Fall Semester: November 08 – December 08, 2021
Winter Semester: January 10 – February 16, 2022
Youth and Adult Beginners (Ages 13+)
Tuesdays 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Fall Semester: November 09 – December 14, 2021
Winter Semester: January 11 – February 15, 2022
All beginner classes are six weeks in length. There is a deposit for equipment as equipment can no longer be shared. We welcome any interested fencers to drop in and watch a class. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the CFC by phone (403) 246-5801 or by email at email@example.com
Cost and Registration
Please visit the Registration Page for more details on registering for a beginner’s class.
Class Fees: $145, AFA Participant License: $5, Equipment Deposit: $100
- Online Registration will be through The 2M Registration Site
- Our office is open during club hours if you require assistance
What to Wear and Bring
- Indoor running shoes (clean, dry, non-marking & gravel-free to protect the hardwood floor).
- T-shirt and sweatpants (shorts, jeans, or tear-away pants are NOT permitted; nylon discouraged).
- Personal Water bottle and towel.
- Personal Face Masks will be required and mandatory
- Cameras are welcome.
- Hair dyes or gels which rub off onto equipment are prohibited.
- NO parking in front of the building (our private door is located in the back adjacent to the Vecova Bottle Depot).
- Park in the back lane (north side of the building), west of bottle depot.
- Space is limited to the first 16 students with their forms and fees received.
- Some classes fill quickly; register early to avoid disappointment. A waiting list is available.
- All courses are subject to cancellation by the club, pending adequate registration. Every effort will be made to transfer participates to a suitable alternative course. If not possible a refund will be issued to the participant or a credit may be applied to their name for later use according to the customer’s preference. If the class is required to temporarily close due to AHS recommendations, the end date of the classes will be extended to make up for any classes cancelled.
- The Youth and Adult Beginner classes may be combined/split pending registration numbers.