The Calgary Fencing Club offers beginner fencing classes for the age categories listed below:
Next Scheduled Group Beginner Start Dates:
Child Beginners Winter 2023 (Ages 8-12)
Monday & Wednesday 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
January 18 – March 01, 2023
Youth and Adult Beginners Winter 2023 (Ages 13+)
Wednesdays 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
January 18 – February 22, 2023
There is a deposit for equipment that will be returned at the end of the course once the equipment has been returned in good condition. We welcome any interested fencers to drop in and watch a class. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the CFC by phone (403) 246-5801 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Registration
Class Fees: $150, Equipment Deposit: $100
- Online Registration will be through The 2M Registration Site
- Our office is open during club hours if you require assistance
- AFA Participant license is included in the Class Fees
What to Wear and Bring
- Indoor running shoes (clean, dry, non-marking & gravel-free to protect the hardwood floor).
- T-shirt and sweatpants (shorts, jeans, or tear-away pants are NOT permitted; nylon discouraged).
- Personal Water bottle and towel.
- Personal Face Masks are optional
- Cameras are welcome.
- Hair dyes or gels which rub off onto equipment are prohibited.
- Parking in Front of the Vecova Building
- Space is limited to the first 16 students with their forms and fees received.
- Some classes fill quickly; register early to avoid disappointment. A waiting list is available.
- All courses are subject to cancellation by the club, pending adequate registration. Every effort will be made to transfer participates to a suitable alternative course. If not possible a refund will be issued to the participant or a credit may be applied to their name for later use according to the customer’s preference. If the class is required to temporarily close due to AHS recommendations, the end date of the classes will be extended to make up for any classes cancelled.